Benefits of Coconut Water
Coconut water, although new to the retail market, is not a new phenomenon. This water saved the lives of soldiers during the Pacific war. Coconut water comes from fresh, young coconuts. Because of its high potassium content, coconut water is by both doctors and sports nutritionists.
- Coconut water is good for rehydration because of its isotonic nature. When your well body is well hydrated, it is easy to get rid of toxins through urination.
- The antioxidants found in this water help to fight off free radicals in your body.
- Coconut water aids weight control when used as a substitute for cow’s milk because it is lower in fat and free of cholesterol.
- Coconut water can help reduce swelling in your hands and legs as well as help ease absorption of pharmaceuticals.
- Washing your face with coconut water can help reduce acne outbreaks.
- Coconut water may help reduce blood pressure.
- Proponents of coconut water claim that drinking it will help you maintain the pH level of your body fluids and boost blood circulation.
- Coconut water can be used in place of a sports drink to replace electrolytes lost during exercise.
- It helps in digestion by relieving gas present in your alimentary canal.
- Doctors recommend coconut water to help dissolve kidney stones and make them easier to pass.
Always consult your doctor before beginning a new diet or exercise regimen.
Kuberski, T., et al.; Coconut Water as a Rehydration Fluid; The New Zealand Medical Journal; August 1979;
Campbell-Falck, D., M.D., et al.; The Intravenous Use of Coconut Water; The American Journal of Emergency Medicine; January 2000;
Pradera, E. S., M.D., et al.; Coconut Water: A Clinical and Experimental Trial; American Journal of Diseases of Children; 1942;