Latest researches have proved that exercising among cancer patients works in miraculous way towards healing and improving the quality of life. Cancer the term relates to chronic illness that prolongs for years, hence it is systematic not local. It is not simply associated with a tumor or lesion that affects a body, butÂ relates to aÂ whole body failure. Holistic treatment is the best way of treating the physical health, immunity, mental health, spiritual outlook and regular day-to-day chores. Many medical professionals, cancer survivors have confirmed that moderate exercise acts positively on organs and improves metabolic efficiency and helping in intensive cancer treatments.
Benefits of Exercise
Different types of exercise affect individual in different ways. Exercising boosts physiologically as well as psychologically.
- Exercising improves physical abilities and balance. The risk of falling and hurting is reduced.
- Reduces the risk of cardiac problems and prevents osteoporosis.
- The body is better oxygenated to the brain and tissues. The blood circulation is improved evading chances of blood clots.
- By remaining physically active one does not have to rely on others for small chores and can be independent, this adds to self-esteem and mood elevation.
- Negativity in form of anxiety, depression and nausea is eliminated.
- Symptoms of fatigue are immensely reduced and the quality of life is also augmented.
- Weight can be controlled in better way with enhanced flexibility and range of motion.
- Improves the sleep patterns and restfulness.
- Strengthens cardiovascular system and tone muscles and improves endurance.
Precautions and Safe Exercise Programs
Individuals suffering from cancer of different type should be treated, according to individual safety, needs and requirements. Keep an account of limitations and diagnosis and inform your doctor or physiotherapist about it, so that the routine can be tailor made.
- Type of cancer and cancer treatment everything affects your stamina, strength and fitness level deciding the ability to exercise.
- Consulting a doctor before any program is mandatory. People undergoing treatment of lungs and heart should avoid it.
- During low blood counts chances of infection, bleeding and anemia increases.
- Abnormal level of minerals due to vomiting and diarrhea can cause dehydration. So hydrate your body well.
- Take rest, In case of severe fatigue. And never indulge in intense weight bearing exercise.
- Incase of dizziness, swelling, pain, blurred vision and breathlessness seek your doctors help.
- Always start slowly and do everything in moderation. One can progressively increase the time of exercise.
Special Measures During Treatment
Most of the individuals tolerate well-prescribed exercise programs during treatment. But some may experience symptoms that may vary with time and range. These may hinder exercising regimes to different degrees and can be mild and severe in form of nausea, fatigue, dehydration etc.
Always revive your activity with some new things to keep the interest going. Water exercise, Pilates, physioballs, rollers or simple every day chores can make it fun. Aim is to keep the body active in safe, effective and enjoyable way. So invest in your health, state of mind and quality of life by engaging and keep moving.