Alcohol is a problem for you if it causes problems in any aspect of your life. It may be any aspect – your health, your work and your life at home.
You are having alcohol problems
- If you think about drinking all the time
- If you keep trying to quit on your own but you can’t
- If you often drink more than you plan to
How Alcohol Affects Your Health?
Alcohol is well known to cause cirrhosis – a disease of the liver. However, it has many other ill effects on your health. It mainly causes deaths and injuries due to accidents. It can also have severe effects on a baby during pregnancy period. It can also cause stomach pain due to a bleeding ulcer or irritated stomach lining.
Problems of Alcoholism
- Being unusually suspicious
- Blackouts/memory loss
- Breakdown of relationships
- Getting driving tickets
- Loss of self-esteem
- Not taking care of yourself
- Poor work performance
- Taking sick days for hangovers
- Trembling hands
- Trouble having erections in men
Why One Should Quit Alcohol?
By quitting alcohol only you can stop the problems alcohol causes in your life. It may not be easy to quit. But leaving alcohol gives you better health, better relationships, and a sense of accomplishment. But before you think about quitting, it is better to make a list of reasons or benefits to quit. It helps you be motivated in the process of quitting alcohol.
How to Stop Taking Alcohol?
The first and foremost thing is realizing that you have to control your own behavior. It’s the first step in the quit-alcohol process. Here are the next steps:
Commit to Quitting
Once you decide to quit, you make plans on how to succeed in your attempts.
Get Help from Your Doctor
Alcoholism is not only an addiction, it is a kind of disease; but it can be treated. Talking with your doctor or a counselor about your problems helps a lot. Serious withdrawal symptoms include seeing things, seizures, confusion, seeing vivid images, severe shakes, and being very suspicious. This is why, you may need your doctor’s care when you are trying to quit.
Get support from your family and friends. They will help you a lot because they are your real well-wishers. And, the right motivation and support is of great help in the process of quitting alcohol.
It’s good for you
About 1 out of 3 men and 1 out of 7 women resort to excessive drinking. Once you decide to quit alcohol you will greatly benefit yourself in the following ways:
- You can save yourself from diseases like damaged pancrease, cirrhosis, cancer, heart problems and sexual problems.
- You can save a lot of money as alcohol is expensive. Look at the bright side, you will be rich!!!
- You will start eating the required food as alcohol supresses hunger. Therefore, you will become healthy.
- You will gain respect. Quitting alcohol is a tough job. When you finally achieve it, people will respect you for that.
- You will be proud of yourself. Quitting alcohol will give you immense satisfaction and you will be proud of the achievement.
- You will be able to exercise regularly and properly. Soon you will be flaunting a great body. Now that’s some motivation!!!!
So what are you waiting for??? Give up that bottle today.